2.5″ Ratic Shad Bugg
- Old Model, Zonker Strip Back, Less Durable
- Sale Price, Limited Quantities
- First tied jig that darts back and forth on the retrieve
- Realistic shad/menhaden imitation
- Falls evenly, looks alive
- All species of Bass and Saltwater game fish eat it
The Ratic Shad is the first tied jig that darts back and forth on the retrieve. It imitates a shad and is effective for just about anything that swims. The weight is located near the bend of the hook, and that is where the action comes from. The rabbit top, belly, and the flash tail give it lots of action. And the flashy middle with the kill spot gives is a realistic profile that fools even the pickiest gamefish. Cast this Bugg and let it sink do the desired depth. It will fall evenly. Then slowly retrieve it with rhythmic twitches and watch it dart back and forth. Fooling big striped bass in big reserviors was the target, and we hit it and developed a Bugg that is deadly on freshwater and saltwater game fish alike. Ideally suited to imitate small shad, sight casting and blind casting. Complete recipes, tying instructions, and tying video is available.